Dall-E Mini(Craiyon): AI Meme Machine&Convert Any Text To Image
What is Dall-E Mini?
Dall-E Mini is a free online AI art generator that generates fantastic images based on textual prompts. Dall-E Mini is an open-source version of Dall-E, which was released in 2022 on Hugging Face’s Spaces platform. It uses the original Dall-E artificial intelligence model to train models using unfiltered data from the Internet and attracted a lot of media attention in 2022, and in June 2022 , OpenAI asked Dall-E Mini to change its name, which has since been changed to Craiyon. Dall-E Mini is available to the public now.
Tag: AI generator, Text to images , AI art
Share Dall-E Mini
What's the Relationship Between Dall-E mini and OpenAI Dall-E Series?
DALL-E is an AI image generator developed by Open AI based on the GPT-3 natural language model that converts natural language into images.
First announced by OpenAI in a blog post in January 2021, DALL-E uses an optimized version of GPT-3 to generate images, and in April 2022, OpenAI announced DALL-E 2, which generates higher resolution and more realistic images. concepts, attributes, and styles”.
In early November 2022, OpenAI released DALL-E 2 as an API, but it is currently not available to general users, allowing developers to integrate the model into their own applications only.
Dall-E Mini is an open-source version of Dall-E, not related to OpenAI.That’s why Dall-E mini was forced to change name to “Craiyon” after its getting popular.
How to Use Dall-E Mini?
Dall-E Mini is currently free for everyone and is very easy to use. After entering your Prompts on Craiyon.com it will generate 9 images for you to try to match your Prompts.
- Open the official website of Dall-E Mini, Craiyon.com
- In the input box “what image do you want to generate?” enter the text description of the image you want to generate, you can add something like “HD”, “real”, “oil”, etc. You can add some descriptors like “HD”, “real”, “oil”, etc. to get better results.
- Click the “Draw” button on the right to start generating
- Wait for a few seconds (up to 2 minutes) and then 9 images will be output below for you to choose from, if they don’t meet your requirements you can click “Draw” again to recreate them
- You can choose Screenshot to save, or Print on a T-Shirt
Attention:Due to social ethics, there are some offensive text Prompts will be blocked and cannot generate images.
You can also use Dall-E mini on Hugging Face and GITHUB’s Dall-E mini page.Now go ahead and create images using Dall-E Mini.
Dall-E Mini Use Cases
- Text to image
- E-commerce copywriting to produce images
- Creating new images based on existing images
- Emoticons creation
- Print on a T-Shirt
How to Login Dall-E Mini ？
There is currently no need to register for a Dall-E Mini account, just open the website and you can use it.
Dall-E Mini Pricing
Dall-E Mini is a free service to the public.
Dall-E Mini History
- January 2021 OpenAI releases Dall-e
- Early 2022 Dall-E Mini is released on Hugging Face’s Spaces platform
- April 2022 OpenAI announces the release of DALL-E 2
- June 2022 OpenAI asks Dall-E Mini to change its name
- June 2022 Dall-E Mini is renamed Craiyon
Technical Principle of Dall-E Mini
Dall-E Mini is a neural network-based model that combines deep learning and natural language processing techniques. Dall-E Mini technology is derived from DALL-E, which is based on the GPT-3 , a model with 12 billion parameters that replaces text with images and uses text and images from the Internet for training, enabling it to understand and respond to a variety of natural language cues.
Dall-E Mini Github
The Dall-E Mini code is currently open source, and can be viewed on Github.
Pros & Cons of Dall-E Mini
- New avenues for artistic creation: DALL·E mini can generate images in various styles based on user descriptions, including photo-realistic images, paintings, cartoons, and futuristic graphics, opening up new possibilities for digital art creation. The generated images have no copyright restrictions and can be used for commercial purposes.
- Image editing and transformation: Users can upload their own images and use DALL·E mini to perform image editing and style transfer by providing descriptive inputs. For example, uploaded images can be transformed into oil painting styles or futuristic digital art styles.
- Image ownership: The generated images have no copyright restrictions, allowing users to freely use them. In fact, the users generating these images own the copyright or other applicable rights to these images.
- Free to use: DALL·E mini offers a free service. Users can generate 50 images for free in the first month, which is equivalent to 50 free credits. In the following months, users have 15 free credits and can also purchase additional credits starting from $15.00.
- Bias towards surreal styles: DALL·E mini excels in generating artworks in surreal styles, but it may face challenges when generating realistic images or certain types of images and artworks, such as portraits or natural landscapes.
- Dependence on descriptions: The quality of the images generated by DALL·E mini relies on the level of detail provided in the user’s input description. Insufficiently detailed descriptions may result in the generation of unexpected images.
- Language limitation: DALL·E mini only accepts English descriptions. Additionally, while it relies on detailed descriptions, its language processing capabilities are limited. If the description is too complex, such as including more than three objects, negations, numbers, and concatenated sentences, it may not be able to produce the desired results.
- Potential biases: DALL·E mini may exhibit biases in generating images. For example, when given descriptions that do not mention gender, it may generate more male images. This is because it relies on public datasets, and if the training data contains biases, the generated results may also exhibit biases.
DALL·E Mini's Controversial Issues
- Copyright Issues: DALL·E mini is an AI art model that is trained by examining millions of images on the internet along with their related captions, and then generating images based on any prompts provided by users. This can potentially raise copyright issues, as the user’s prompts may result in the model creating images that are similar or nearly identical to copyrighted works of others, such as paintings or photographs. This could lead to copyright infringement claims, such as the unauthorized creation of derivative works based on the underlying works used to train the model.
- Licensing Issues: If a company wants to use DALL·E mini’s images in their marketing, a musician wants to use them as album covers, or a film production company wants to include them in TV or movies, licensing issues may arise. While DALL·E mini states that users are free to use its images for personal use, contacting DALL·E mini is necessary before engaging in commercial use. This naturally raises questions about what constitutes commercial use and how any such disagreements with DALL·E mini are resolved.
- Authorship Issues: Another significant issue is whether the DALL·E mini model itself can be considered the author and copyright owner of the images it generates. Current laws may attribute authorship to the user providing the input prompts, or the developers of DALL·E mini may assert authorship. However, this legal landscape is rapidly evolving, much like AI itself.
Why Dall-E Mini is Worthy Trying?
DALL·E mini is a fascinating AI art generator that has gained a large user base with its streamlined workflow and free user experience. With just simple text inputs, the AI can create original images within seconds, which is truly impressive to me. Additionally, I particularly enjoy the printing to t-shirt service offered by DALL·E mini, as it allows me to materialize my creations and adds a lot of fun.
However, I must point out that while the functionality of DALL·E mini is enticing, there are more advanced tools in the market, such as Deep Dream Generator, which can generate higher quality images. Moreover, as the free mode of DALL·E mini is ad-supported, there may be some ad interruptions during the usage, which can impact the overall experience.
Overall, if you are someone interested in AI art generation and looking to quickly create and share your own artwork, I would recommend giving DALL·E mini a try. However, if you have higher quality expectations for the output images or prefer not to be disturbed by ads during the usage, you might need to consider using other paid tools. I find DALL·E mini to be an interesting and useful tool, but it may be more suitable for users who want a simple and fast way to generate art images.
Alternatives to DALL·E mini
Soulgen is an innovative AI image generator designed specifically for anime enthusiasts and artists. It combines artificial intelligence and creativity to open up a world of possibilities for artists, designers, and creative enthusiasts. The core function of Soulgen is to use AI technology to generate unique and original art, designs, and visual content. With its advanced algorithms and neural networks, this platform can produce stunning images that rival those created by human artists.
- Pricing: Soulgen offers a free trial, and then you will need to purchase a subscription plan. The pricing for subscription plans starts at $9.99 per month.
- AI Image Generation: Soulgen can generate images of both anime and real girls based on text prompts.
- Wide Range of Styles: Explore various art styles and unleash your imagination by creating anime art that matches your vision.
- AI Image Editing: Modify, expand, or remove content within images using simple text prompts and enhance your creations.
- Advantages: One of the primary advantages of Soulgen is its ability to generate highly realistic and visually captivating art pieces. It also allows users to interact with the AI system, providing input, feedback, and guidance to shape the creative process.
DeepArt is an online AI art generator that can transform your photos into artistic pieces. Unlike DALL·E mini, DeepArt requires users to upload a photo and choose an art style, and the AI will transform the photo into an artwork based on that style. DeepArt’s pricing varies based on the quality and size of the output image, but it offers a free option where users can generate small-sized images for free. DeepArt is suitable for users who want to transform their photos into artistic creations.
- Price: Free for generating small-sized images, pricing varies for high-quality images based on size and quality.
- Features: Transforms user-uploaded photos into artistic pieces.
- Advantages: Users can choose the art style, and the generated images are of high quality.
- Artbreeder is an online AI art generator that allows users to blend multiple images to create new ones. Unlike DALL·E mini, the generation process in Artbreeder is more of an exploration, where users can adjust various parameters to change the generated images. Artbreeder has a free option, but advanced features require a paid subscription. Artbreeder is suitable for users who enjoy exploration and experimentation.
- Price: Free for basic functionality, paid for advanced features.
- Features: Blends multiple images to create new ones.
- Advantages: Users can control the generated images by adjusting parameters.
Deep Dream Generator is an online AI art generator that can transform your photos into fantastic artistic creations. Unlike DALL·E mini, Deep Dream Generator utilizes Google’s DeepDream algorithm to generate images. Deep Dream Generator is free to use, but if you want higher quality images, you need to pay. Deep Dream Generator is suitable for users who appreciate dreamy art styles.
- Price: Free for basic functionality, paid for high-quality images.
- Features: Transforms user-uploaded photos into dreamy artistic pieces.
- Advantages: Uses Google’s DeepDream algorithm, resulting in unique dreamy styles.
Dall-E Mini Review
Although I don’t know how to use drawing tools to draw pictures, when I use Dall-E Mini to make unparalleled pictures, I can generate many pictures for me to choose with only a simple description.
Dall-E Mini can construct a picture using text based on artificial intelligence. I used its interface on my website and developed new functions, which brought a lot of convenience to users.
I am a cartoonist, and Dall-E Mini has provided me with many ideas and ideas, and I use it to speed up the completion of my projects.
Dall-E Mini is an AI model, which can be trained and upgraded according to the continuous use of users and the scores given to the results, so Dall·E mini is constantly improving.
Yes, you can use Dall-E Mini for free. When you use it, it only takes a few seconds to a minute to generate various types of pictures for you.
Dall-E Mini generally takes 15-120 seconds to generate 9 pictures for you to use, but sometimes the speed may be fast or slow due to the number of people currently using it.
- If A.I. Generated Book Jackets Based on Literary Titles–New York Times. (July 15, 2022).
- Official website: Craiyon